In case I haven't gushed to you about it yet, we're taking a 10-day Disney cruise in Europe at the end of May, and we're very excited about it. I've been excited about it for months and felt like I was the only one who was. But now the anticipation is spreading. I found my 5-year-old Olivia packing her carry on bag this afternoon, and I had to show her the calendar to help her understand what "3 more weeks means." In the meantime, we have been studying library books and reading what we can find on the internet so that we will be ready to learn and really absorb the experience.
We start in Barcelona, and then head to a bunch of other cool places, including Malta, Tunisia, Italy, France, Corsica, etc.
Each night at dinner, I have been sharing an interesting fact or two about the places we will visit. For example, did you know that Spain is the largest producer of cork? And that cork is harvested from a type of oak tree without harming the tree? Pretty cool. Did you know that mandrake root grows on the island of Corsica? Did you know that Napoleon was born on the island of Corsica?
I've even been trying my hand at cooking some food from the places we'll visit. I started with Barcelona. Here's the "tortilla" (more like an omelet) and bean stew I made. We'll see what's next.
Wednesday, May 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Somehow I missed out on the gushing :) That trip sounds so exciting! How cool that Disney does a European cruise! I had no idea such coolness existed! My kids would have their bags packed weeks ahead of time too! I like your food pics and the facts. :)
Post a Comment