What happened to my blog?
What happened to my life?
I went back to work, and now balance on a knife.
Hannah is 7, Olivia is on the eve of 5, and Micah is 15 months. I'm still hoping for a good night sleep. Now, not because Micah doesn't sleep through the night, but because the only way to keep my so called life in check is to work while my loved ones slumber. Someday, these days will be behind me, and I will miss them. Or so I'm told. For now, these days have worn out their welcome.
Despite my generally sleep-deprived state, life has its glimpses of joy. I'm thinking my problem may be that my eyes aren't open wide enough. Maybe it's an eyes-half-open vs. eyes-half-closed kind of thing. The other day, I noticed a plastic hook in my kitchen. Right on the front of one of the under-the-sink cupboard doors. I have lived in this house for more than a decade, and I am quite positive that I have never seen that hook. How can that be? Some of my blindness is for self-preservation purposes, and is thus necessary. But how much beauty am I missing because my eyes are a bit more shut than they are open?

No comments:
Post a Comment